Crab legs are loaded with delicate white meat that pairs well with some butter and lime juice. The most famous are the legs of a king crab. The legs of these big crustaceans are lengthy and meaty.
- Let frozen king crab legs defrost overnight in the refrigerator before preparing and/or eating.
- Since the king crab has previously been cooked, most crab cooking techniques require a minimal re-heat duration of 5-10 minutes.
- In soups and stews, add fresh king crab in the last five min of the cooking process.
How Should Crab Be Kept?
- The crab can be kept in the fridge for 1-2 days and will retain its flavour and freshness. It can be stored in the freezers for up to 3 months and somehow still taste delicious.
- The cooked crab should be refrigerated within 2 hours of being cooked.
- Chill cooked crab by putting it on a plate and covering it securely with saran wrap. To maintain the saran wrap fresh, place ice over it.
- Put the prepared crabs in heavy-duty zip-lock bags or sealed plastic containers to chill.
Legs Of King Crab Grilled
Spread olive oil across all surfaces of the crab legs before grilling to keep them from clinging. Then, for around five minutes, lay the crab legs on something like a hot grill set to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, turn over, and cook for yet another five minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Pull from the grill and top with oil or sauces to serve.